Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog


Obviously I’ve been living under a rock if I am now getting around to watching Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog. For that one other person who hasn’t seen this internet masterpiece I’ll give a quick recap. Dr. Horrible, played by Neil Patrick Harris A.K.A Doggie Howser, is a wanna be super villain trying to make it big in the business of evil. The three act story that is "The Sing-Along Blog" follows the Doc trying to balance his evil profession with trying to get the girl of his dreams and tying defeat his arch-nemesis Captan Hammer.

My first Impressions

Honestly I don’t know what I was thinking, but I was thrown by the fact that there was singing through the entire movie. Yes the words sing along are in the title, but for some reason I wasn't prepared for it (yeah pretty stupid on my part). I wanted to turn it off after the first 2 minutes, but I’m glad I stuck it out. The Doc’s sing along blog is predictable and extremely campy, but I found myself captivated halfway through the 2nd act. I even liked some of the songs which I was horribly opposed to in first place.



Final Thoughts

I love Hulu (wait, what!) ummmm what I mean to say is thanks to Hulu you can watch all 3 acts rolled into one neat package with limited commercial breaks. If you want to watch it (and I know you do) just Click Here. If you haven’t seen Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog by now here’s your chance to redeem yourself, if you’ve already seen it why not watch it again? (can’t think of reason not to can you)

I’m giving Dr. Horrible’s Sing-Along Blog 4
maniacal MWAHAHAHAHAs out of 5

No comments:

Post a Comment