Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Teach Me: How Video Games Can Teach a Generation

I'm a strong believer that games can be a force for good rather than the mindless entertainment some games come off as e.g. Grand Theft Auto or Super Mario Bros. Yes, I will agree there is a degree of strategy to these games and you can definitely learn something. Like, a hooker will fly very far when you hit them at full speed when you're being chased by cops. While I don't ever see myself applying this information, at least I can say I learned something. But video games have the potential for so much more. In this Extra Credits video, they show how tangental learning (the process by which people learn if the topic is exposed to them in a context that they already enjoy) can be applied to video games. After watching the video do you think games can be a good way to teach or are they strictly for entertainment purposes?

No comments:

Post a Comment