Tuesday, June 2, 2009

X-Men Origins: Wolverine Review


So I saw X-Men Origins: Wolverine a while back and I never got around to telling you, the public, how I felt about it. Well the wait is over and I can honestly say I enjoyed the movie. Yes, yes I liked the movie, but not for the reasons you might think. I classify Wolverines movie as so bad it’s good so let me break down my reasoning for you. From a nerd point of view, I’m appalled by the creator’s blatant disregard for Wolverines actual origin story. They got some aspect of his past correct, but then they started making things up left and right i.e. Gambit and the Blob. From your average movie goer’s perspective I must say that it was still pretty bad. The CGI looked terrible, there were some inconsistencies in the movie, and while the acting was good from our friend Hugh Jackman some of his supporting characters left more to be desired.



I would love to go on a crazy nerd rant on how Emma Frost looked Bedazzled and how she wasn’t a psychic or how Deadpool’s origin was sooooooo wrong i got a little angry or the fact the Gambit was a plot device that could have been filled by anyone, but I wont. I won't talk about how the creators made an illusion to Wolverine being a werewolf or how every scene that Hugh Jackman is in he either has his shirt off or his claws out. (Seriously, he could have asked an old lady where the bus stop was in that movie and he would have pulled out his claws and figured out a way to tear off his shirt and pose dramatically for at least 3 seconds) But with all that nonsense said (or not said) it all mixed well into an enjoyable experience. It felt like they tried hard to make this movie serious and dramatic, but it came off clichéd and overdone. I think I was the only one laughing in that theater, but who cares I can honestly say I got my moneys worth (thank you student discount)

I’m giving X-Men Origins: Wolverine
3 claws out of 5


No comments:

Post a Comment